Saturday, March 10, 2012

New Venture

A friend called me this morning and said, "Do you want to go on an adventure?"  She took me to a orchid house.   The owner is moving and has to sell all of his orchids - 60% off all stock!

I brought home this cattleya orchid. blc. andean treasure 'paradise' (a lovely yellow color) and it has two bloom stalks started ; )  I also brought home a darling little epiphytic bromeliad and spanish moss... just a mist of water every morning, and they grow and trail through the air.

2 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Oh how fun... I love those unexpected ventures.. and especially ones that reveal something so beautiful to come.
Love the bromelaid.. Never seen this before..
Enjoy your new plants.. Be sure to show us when the bloom gets here..Cant wait to see it.

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

how lovely! Keep us posted on how they do. Don't you just love a bargain?

Related Posts with Thumbnails