Saturday, October 8, 2011

Dress-Ups


That's what we called it when I was a little girl.  I LOVED playing dress-up.  I was always the poor, hungry, gypsy girl, or a damsel in distress....I would wear an assortment of dresses and scarves and gold shoes and clanky bangles.  I was the princess who had been thrown out of the castle and was out in the wind and rain begging for a crumb of bread....I tell you, my imagination was boundless and there was no end to the dragons and knights-in-shining-armor that I could dream up!

Now, I have two boys.  There's no need for fancy dresses and gold shoes and glitter and puffs.  But, what would boys dress-up with?  Do boys need dress-ups?  I didn't know.....then, at the thrift store, I saw a pair of these:
The perfect pair of genuine cowboy boots!  Leather with fancy stitching.... and I found some costume spurs too!  Now I'm on the lookout for a leather vest and belt for the holster.  
I said, "El hombre del Sombrero!"   He gave me that pose.  It's all in the pose : )  Now he's ready to rustle some cows!

4 comments:

AuntLou said...

I'm loving this! :)

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Now.. this cowboy is ready fo the days work..tooo cute.

Rebecca said...

Oh, yes! My son LOVES dressing up. He's even used my sewing machine to make holsters for his homemade knives and guns. Don't forget the pirate possibilities....eye patches, tri-corner hats, puffy shirts.....

Margo said...

wow - my kids would love those dress ups! My daughter is really into dressing up right now - I have to try hard not to laugh, but I do take a lot of pictures! My son wears just crazy things - belts looped on necklaces, hats, etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails