Thursday, August 11, 2011

Michael Learned - autograph

You can imagine how excited I was to see a self-addressed envelope in the mail yesterday!  Back in February I had followed the directions for sending a letter to Michael Learned:
If you live in USA send a properly stamped and self addressed envelope (minimum size 8.5" x 4") with your request letter. Send your letter and wait. On average, there is going to be a 3+ month wait for a response.
 Michael Learned
1600 N Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

So, I sent my letter away, telling her how much her role of Olivia has inspired me, etc. and that I'd love to have her autograph...I sent a blank flat 4x6 card with the letter.  I mailed it on February 22, 2011.
Then, in May, I hadn't received anything yet, and just in case the above information was incorrect/outdated, I sent out another letter to another address listed as being where you should send her fan mail:
Ms. Michael Learned
C/O Gage Group
14724 Ventura Blvd #505
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Then, yesterday, August 10th 2011, I received both return envelopes!   The one had my blank card with her signature on it (shown above), and the other had this beautiful 8x10 photograph with her signature!  She even graced it with an XO : )

I was so excited!  I guess that both of the letters found there way to whichever address was the correct one.  There was no return address listed so I don't know which location they came from.  The post mark on one envelope says Santa Clarita, which isn't too far from Beverly Hills, or Sherman Oaks...

Anyway, I'm pleased to have these momentoes to add to my Olivia file : )

6 comments:

AuntLou said...

Oooo, Eva Girl! :D

Katie said...

Oh, what an honor! Thanks for sharing how to obtain a greeting from Michael Learned. She was so inspiring!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

OH Eva, I am soooo overly excited for you.. I am so proud you recieved the photo and the autograph..I know you will treasure it. How exciting. God bless.Judy

Amelia said...

That. is. just. so. neat!

Excited for you! Oh it makes me want to shed a happy tear, you know me, the emotional creative mess here. Recently,I almost cried when an older lady told me about being in an elevator with Greer Garson and how polite and ladylike Greer was just as she was in the movies.

How old is Michael Learned now?

So happy for you Eva,it's great to see integrity such as this too. ~Amelia

trebleteacher said...

Good for you. And good for Michael. I love reading your blog and keeping up with this side of you, M'dear.
Love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

I think she was born April 9, 1939, so that would make her 72 yers old.

Related Posts with Thumbnails