Friday, June 3, 2011

The Housework Never Ends...

Did you know there was a 'Suzy Homemaker'?  It's a personification of the quintessential female 
American housewife.  I just love this description:

Definition: a housewife who manages a household, esp. with enthusiasm; also, the sterotype of any woman who chooses a traditional female role.
Dictionary.com's 21st Century LexiconCopyright © 2003-2011 Dictionary.com, LLC
Example of use:Why, aren't you the Suzy Homemaker! You are even wearing an apron.

I think that part about the "with enthusiasm" is great....I don't generally think of myself as enthusiastic about scrubbing the bathroom, or vacuuming....but I do love making my home inviting and comfortable and pretty....so I guess I have an overall enthusiasm for my home ; )  How about you?

5 comments:

Margo said...

We always call one of my aunts "Suzy Homemaker" - it's meant affectionately, descriptively, to explain why she makes her own bread, her house is clean, and she gardens. . . all while working as a school nurse. I hope I'm a Suzy Homemaker too!

Rebecca said...

I've been so garden-centered these days that my house has gone to rack and ruin. I decided to have just a quick little blog check before tackling the upstairs. Now I'll try to do it with enthusiasm.

Persuaded said...

Why look! She's even wearing your shoes!

;-}

Amelia said...

Yes, homemaking is a high calling. I taught my girls to sing hymns as they do the dishes...A midwife had shared that with me...Contentment with godliness... Great gain! : )

Sew Blessed Maw said...

I dont know if I can say with 'ENTHUSIASM",ha. but I do thank God for my home and Pray I take care of it ,in the way,he would have me too.And that my childen and grandchildren, would see the Lord through my actions.
thankyou for sharing. Judy

Related Posts with Thumbnails