Thursday, April 28, 2011

Royal Wedding

The boy's are spending the night at Grammies tonight and I'm going over at about 5:30 am to get settled in with our tea and biscuits before the wedding officially begins.... I think I'm most excited to see what Kate's gown will look like.  (I hope I'm not disappointed - some of the royal gowns are too much for my taste.)  In preparation I was reading about the royal wedding's of the past and what the brides wore.   I thought I'd share my favorites with you:


Princess Elizabeth and Price Phillip



 Princess Margaret and Antony



Grace Kelly and  Prince Rainier III

What I like most about these dresses is that they are modest.  I'm sick of seeing so many sleeveless and strapless gowns.  When I chose my wedding dress I had to have my Mom make straps for it.  I'd like to see more dresses with modest necklines and sleeves!


Are you watching the wedding?  What part are you looking forward to the most?  I'll be looking for what Queen Elizabeth will be wearing, the bridesmaids, etc....I'm hoping to see some good hats ; )  

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

We don't have a TV so I hadn't planned on watching. Guess I could wander around the internet and find it....

I remember when Charles and Di were married. My best friend and her sister set up a full model of the wedding using dolls.

I was just reading a book on vintage clothing collecting. Come to find out, all those giant collared, dropped waisted dresses I wore in 8th and 9th grade were compliments of Princess Diana. Wonder if this latest princess will have similar fashion power.

Mary R. said...

Those really are classic. I dislike the strapless low-cut gowns of today, too. Not enough on the top and too much on the bottom. Look like the first step and the gown will slip down from the top.

Trish @ Lily-Rose Cottage said...

I am watching the Royal Wedding.
Like you..I hope to see some modest, lovely and feminine gowns :-) To see some sign that they have a faith in Christ would be nice, but perhaps not likely.
blessings..Trish

Antonia said...

I loved her dress, it was so elegant and simple. I much prefer the modest look, better not to have everything on show to the world.

Related Posts with Thumbnails