Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sunday Afternoons - Porch Settin'

We plan to build a porch onto our house someday.  I want to plant bird and butterfly flowers/bushes around it, then I can sit on my porch and relax...have lemonade with friends and chat..read a book or take an afternoon nap.  I like the friendly, inviting, look of a porch.
I like this picture: Afternoon lounging on the porch.  This is my dream: we'll all be home from church on Sunday, family and friends together for dinner, and the afternoon to sit at leisure and talk, out on the porch together ; )

2 comments:

The Simple Girl said...

Oh, to go back to the good old days! My dad grew up in Illinois, in the 1930's and '40's. He said most every night you would find families out on their porches, rockin' in the rocking chairs and talking to neighbors. :D That makes me smile!

PepperToast said...

I love all the floral feedsack prints of those dresses. My dream is a porch set back from a lazy road.

Related Posts with Thumbnails