Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lilac Swiss Dot Frock






Grammie and Grampa B are babysitting the boys for us and sending us out on a date for My Babe's birthday. I thought a new date-night dress was in order.  I found this purple swiss dot fabric at Marden's for $2.49 per yard.  And, the color matches my little shoes perfectly!
I used the Coffee Date Dress Pattern and then added the waist to help lengthen the bodice.  I'm not a long waisted woman, but even this pattern was a bit high waisted for me.  I drafted my own pattern for the sleeves.

(see our special evening out HERE)

9 comments:

AuntLou said...

Sweet! :)

Katie said...

Lovely! Anne-with-an-e would be excited about the touch of "puff" in the sleeves. =) Just darling! Happy Birthday to your husband, and have a wonderful date!

PepperToast said...

Soooo pretty. I love the shade of purple, so elegant. I just wanted to say your blog is my current absolute favorite. I am very much inspired by all the beautiful and modest house/dressy dresses you create and the 'domestic' discipline you have in your life.

I am taking a break from the computer this Lent, with the exception of my blog which nobody reads (so it is really an online diary!), as I find it has caused me to forsake other parts of my life. I will sure miss reading your (almost) daily posts and seeing your beautiful creations.

Happy Easter & God Bless!

Margo said...

that fits you beautifully. What a happy match with the shoes! And I love those inverted pleats or whatever going on in the front waistband. Charming.

Maria said...

You look lovely! Praying that your time with your Beloved was fun :-)

Maria.

Heritage Farmgirl said...

Very nice Eva

Anna said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! It looks beautiful on you, too! Lovely color, it's my favorite:-) Great job!

Mrs. Mobunny said...

Lovely! It looks so nice on you. A woman in a modest tasteful dress is very welcome these days.

SinginginHisName said...

I forgot to post and say how lovely this dress is! I love the swiss dot and the color is great! Your sewing is so wonderful! How blessed you are by the Lord to be able to sew so well!

In Christ,
Rebecca

Related Posts with Thumbnails